Sedation dentistry is a form of dentistry that helps provide calm and relaxation to patients who suffer from dental anxiety, nervousness or other issues associated with receiving dental care. If you have any of the following issues or have had any of them in the past, sedation dentistry could be an excellent option to help you get the care you need:
- Uncomfortable dental visits
- Treatments taking large amounts of time
- Feelings of nervousness about visiting the dentist
- Dental anxiety that has caused you to avoid getting care when you needed it
- Fear of needles, or dental apparatuses
- Trouble coping with discomfort caused by treatments
- Difficulty getting ‘numb’ for dental treatments
Our team is proud to be able to offer sedation dentistry options that can help patients cope with these issues and even more. Our sedation dentistry options include:
- Nitrous oxide – Nitrous oxide remains the most popular form of sedation dentistry option among patients around the globe. This form of sedation dentistry uses nitrous oxide gas that is safely and comfortably inhaled through a special mask. As you inhale the nitrous oxide (which is also called laughing gas by some) it provides a sense of relaxation and calm, helping you to receive the dental care you need or desire.
- Conscious sedation – Conscious sedation – also known as oral conscious sedation – uses a special sedative pill to help provide a sense of deep relaxation, while still remaining awake during treatment so that you can interact with the dentist as necessary. Typically the conscious sedation pill is taken prior to your treatment and will require you to have a ride home because it can take a little time to wear off.
Whatever your reason for needing sedation dentistry, our team has sedation options that can help you get the care you deserve. Have more questions about sedation dentistry? Looking to schedule an appointment? Call us today!
If you are looking for more thorough explanations about the sedation dentistry procedures that Dr. William Stewart brings to the San Antonio area, take a look at our detailed sedation dentistry website. We want to make sure you are as informed as possible so that you can have peace of mind and ultimately a seamless experience if you do decide to pursue sedation dentistry with us.