Test for Mouth Cancer in San Antonio, TX
Oral cancer continues to be a threat to the lives and livelihoods of people across the globe. In America alone, it is estimated that as many as 30,000+ people every year are diagnosed with this terrible disease, resulting in potentially costly treatments, and if the disease progressed too far, even death.
Oral cancer – also known as mouth cancer – poses its biggest threat if it remains undetected. Early detection means less invasive mouth cancer treatment, and much higher chances of positive outcomes. Because of this our team provides oral cancer screening for our patients, so they can ensure positive outcomes and prevention of mouth cancer progression.
In the past an oral cancer screening involved optical inspection of the mouth tissue for irregularities that could be oral cancer. However, in many cases optical inspection can often be too late because the cancer has developed to the point it can be seen with the naked eye.
Thankfully, modern dental technology and oral cancer screening methodology have advanced immensely. Now, using modern methods oral cancer can be detected earlier, and treatment can be begun faster, helping patients recover quicker and more effectively.
The following symptoms do not necessarily mean you have oral cancer, however if you have some of these symptoms you may want to consider having an oral cancer screening:
- Jaw/tongue pain/discomfort
- Continued sore throat without other additional flu-like symptoms
- Patches that appear red or white around the inside of your mouth
- Teeth that have become loose without other apparent reasons
- Severe difficulty to chew or swallow food
- Constant feeling of something being caught in the throat
- Sores in the mouth that are not healing normally, or are healing very slowly
- Skin or lining inside the mouth that feels like it is getting thicker
Detect Mouth Cancer Early
Our team are skilled at providing effective oral cancer screenings, and will do their very best to help you get the care that you need. We are thrilled to help patients stop this disease in its tracks, and are grateful to provide any help in preventing mouth cancer from advancing.
Have more questions about oral cancer, or would you like to schedule an oral cancer screening? Contact our team today!