Laser dentistry has replaced certain older techniques, offering better precision and less pain. Great results are achieved by a focused, intense beam of light from a specialized dental laser, which we use to clean and whiten teeth and gums, treat ulcers, and correct problems like tongue-tie.
Dental lasers offer these advantages:
- Reduced pain, so procedures require less or no anesthesia
- Reduced need for stitches
- Preservation of more of your natural tooth
- Lowered risk of infection
- Faster healing after treatment
At Dr. Stewart’s office, we use Biolase Epic X soft tissue lasers. This reliable, high-quality type of dental laser is a standard in the industry. They can be used to relieve minor dental or jaw pain, perform fast surgery, whiten teeth in about 20 minutes, and improve oral hygiene.
Procedures Made Easier with Laser Dentistry
Here are a few of the most popular procedures we offer, made simpler with a Biolase Epic X laser:
- Periodontal Laser Treatment: Periodontal disease is a serious problem in the soft tissue and bone that support teeth. With periodontal laser treatment, we are able to precisely remove infection without unnecessary damage and to stimulate the growth of new, healthy tissue.
- Laser Frenectomy: A small fold of tissue (a frenum) under the tongue or attached to the upper lip can sometimes restrict the movements of the tongue or lip too much. This can lead to problems with eating and speaking, dental decay, digestive issues, and more. A laser frenectomy releases the tongue or lip with almost no pain, no stitches, and in only a few minutes. Some babies even sleep through it.
- Aphthous Ulcer Treatment: Recurring ulcers in the mouth are painful. We can use a Biolase Epic X laser to complete an aphthous ulcer treatment in a single visit. The laser is set on a low intensity and causes no pain. After the treatment, you can expect healing within just a few days. This treatment is designed to drastically reduce and even eliminate the reoccurance of mouth ulcers!
Schedule a Laser Dentistry Appointment in San Antonio!
Here at William J. Stewart Jr. DDS Advanced Family & Cosmetic Dentistry Advanced Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we’re excited to share the speed, convenience, and lower stress of laser dentistry, which causes almost no discomfort. For questions about or to schedule an appointment for our periodontal laser treatment, aphthous ulcer treatment, or laser frenectomies please call, text, or contact us using the form on this page. We look forward to helping you!