You may not be able to articulate why all the elements blend in perfect harmony. But you know it when you see it.
We’re talking about a beautiful smile. At William J. Stewart Jr. DDS Advanced Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, beautiful smiles are our specialty.
We provide tooth implants and other cosmetic dental procedures for complete smile makeovers.
You may be surprised at how many details Dr. Stewart must consider when planning for a smile redesign.
Here are a few of the most obvious parts:
- Tooth Color: shade, brightness, uniformity
- Tooth alignment: straight or crooked?
- Tooth size and proportions: are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth spacing: is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gumline margins: how much gum shows when you smile?
Here are some other cosiderations that may be less familiar to the layperson:
- The portions of the teeth that are visible when the mouth is at rest
- The relationship of the smile line and the lip line
- Zenith points: the highest point of the gumline in relation to the center of the tooth
- Midline placement: the smile should be centered in the middle of the lips, mouth, and face
- Mesial inclination: the tops of the teeth should angle slightly away from the midline
If crucial design principles are not complied with, the smile may look ‘off’. Or it could affect the function of the teeth and jaw. For example, a smile redesign carried out by an inexperienced cosmetic dentist could change the patient’s bite and put unnecessary stress on the restorations.
Do not elect a dental implant dentist by procedure cost alone. If you are contemplating a single tooth implant or total mouth restoration, call William J. Stewart Jr. DDS Advanced Family & Cosmetic Dentistry today to schedule a dental implant consultation.